by Rex RouisYou are now a Christian and you are brand new on the inside. Re-created by God Himself, for good things. Now, in order for your new personal relationship with God to grow, it is essential that you do the following things:
1. Spend some time each day praying and worshiping God. In this way you will develop a strong relationship with Him. Also, allow for times of quiet, where he can speak to you and ‘download’ His thoughts into your heart and life.
2. Read the Bible daily (begin with the Gospel of John). God has chosen to express Himself through His book, the Bible. Now that you have the Holy Spirit resident on the inside of you it will be easier to understand what the Bible is saying.
3. You must find a church that teaches the Bible as the 100% Word of God and encourages a personal relationship with Jesus. Attend regularly. It is much easier to plant the Word in your heart when you are planted in a church.
4. Begin to develop friendships with sincere Christians, and be baptized. We need God and each other, so find friends you can trust and open up to them. Don’t rebuild the mask.
5. Tell other people about your new relationship with God. This may take you outside of your comfort zone, but it will release true joy in your heart. Our own troubles dim when we help others with their troubles.